We have some exciting news! We just learned that in honor of #GivingTuesday, Facebook and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will contribute up to $1 million to Facebook fundraisers. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will provide $500,000 in matching funds, up to $1,000 per Facebook fundraiser, and Facebook will waive up to $500,000 of fees on all donations.
How can you help?
As a supporter of One World Stage & Screen, we’d be honored if you would take this opportunity to reflect upon your commitment to our work by creating a Facebook fundraiser. Your fundraiser could help fund up to $1,000 toward our cause. Creating a fundraiser is easy.
Here’s how to create a fundraiser:
• Click “Create Fundraiser”
• Select from one of three cover photos (or create your own)
• Add a title, tell your story, add an end date and a goal
• Be sure to include #GivingTuesday in your description, then click Create
• From there you can invite friends, share on your News Feed or send a message
• For inspiration, check out current fundraisers on our page at: https://www.facebook.com/owssnet/fundraisers/
How we’re supporting #GivingTuesday
Here’s a little more on what we’re doing this #GivingTuesday and how you can help in other ways.
We’ve also added a simple “DONATE” button to our main Facebook Page – making it easier for anyone who stops by to donate on the fly. Also, if you’re looking for a way to donate your time rather than via your wallet – give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org – we’re looking for volunteers who are eager to help us in our mission to provide high quality training and mentorship to professional-grade, young actors who lack the financial resources. We work with underserved youth and young adults who have the acting talent to beat the odds, but lack the means to get the professional training they need.
Thank you for your support of OWSS. We are really excited about #GivingTuesday, and hope you will participate in all our year-end activities!