BOARD MEMBER POSITION:
One World Stage & Screen has opened a search to expand our Board of Directors.
One World Stage & Screen believes that the composition of the acting field should not be dictated by financial ability. Our goal is to level the playing field and create opportunities for talented youth to gain access to the support and training they need to take their careers to the next level. The mission of One World Stage & Screen is to make high quality coaching accessible to gifted, professional-grade, young actors who lack the financial resources to access the training and mentorship necessary to cultivate their craft. At One World Stage & Screen we specialize in youth ages 11 – 21, who primarily come from underserved areas in Los Angeles, with special outreach to foster and LGBT communities.
We are looking for a Board member who works creatively and dynamically to bring about the best ideas to fit the unique culture of our organization: The Board member will support the work of One World Stage & Screen and provide mission-based leadership and strategic counsel. While day-to-day operations are led by our Founder and Directors, the Board member’s relationship with the Directors is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board member is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Directors as they develop and implement One World Stage & Screen’s strategic plan.
- Approve One World Stage & Screen’s annual budget, other reports; stay informed of, and meet all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Review agenda and supporting materials, and come to Board and committee meetings prepared.
- Assist the Directors and Board President in identifying and recruiting other Board Members.
- Partner with the Directors and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out.
- Serve and/or lead on committees and take on special projects.
- Represent One World Stage & Screen to stakeholders; and act as an ambassador for our organization.
- Ensure One World Stage & Screen’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities we serve.
- Bring enthusiasm, support, and fresh ideas.
Board Members will consider One World Stage & Screen a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that One World Stage & Screen can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, our organization expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
One World Stage & Screen’s Board Members serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment. Board meetings are held quarterly and committee meetings will be held in coordination, as needed.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about One World Stage & Screen’s mission and who has a track record of leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, the creative arts, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, committed Board Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, the arts, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
- A commitment to and understanding of One World Stage & Screen’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience.
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and facilitating collaborative relationships.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of One World Stage & Screen’s beneficiaries.
Service on One World Stage & Screen’s Board of Directors is without remuneration.
If this opportunity interests you – or someone you know – please contact email@example.com or (323) 988-1175.